FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Elegant, light and delicious, this quiche is a fabulous main dish for brunch or a light lunch.
- 1 deep-dish, prepared pie crust (9-inch)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup(s) half and half
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 dash hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz. cooked lump crab meat, flaked
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line pie crust with a sheet of aluminum foil and fill with rice or pie weights. Bake about 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Remove foil and pie weights, and bake 5 minutes more.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl. Fold in the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions and crabmeat.
- Pour into the baked pie shell and bake until the top of the quiche has set (doesn’t wiggle), about 55 minutes. Turn off the oven. Leave the quiche in the oven for an additional 20 minutes to allow it to thoroughly set.