FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Crab & Sweet Corn Chowder
A great, quick solution for a summery lunch or light supper. This fresh, lush soup can be prepared in less than 20 minutes from counter to table.
View all tips »
Serve this over white or brown rice for a complete meal.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 1 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrot, diced
- 3 cup(s) potato, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- Bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay® Seasoning
- 2 cup(s) chicken or seafood stock
- 1 qt. milk or half and half
- 3 cup(s) sweet corn kernels (about 3 ears) or canned corn
- 2 cup(s) fresh-cooked crabmeat
- 1 tsp. ea. salt and white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Optional: cayenne pepper
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions, carrot, celery, bell pepper and potato into skillet with bacon renderings. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Add chicken stock, Old Bay® Seasoning (optional cayenne pepper) and bay leaf to pan and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add milk, sweet corn kernels and crabmeat and simmer for 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.