FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
A brownie classic. Who can resist rich cream cheese marbled through rich fudgy brownies?
View all tips »
Softening cream cheese is easy. Just microwave unwrapped cream cheese in a microwavable bowl on high for 10 to 15 seconds.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened (from 8 oz. package)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pouch (20 oz.) Betty Crocker® Hershey®'s Ultimate Chocolate Brownie mix (from 5-lb. box)
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1/3 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box. Spread 3/4 of brownie batter in pan. Spoon filling by tablespoons evenly onto brownie batter. Spoon remaining brownie batter over filling. Cut through mixture with knife several times for marbled design. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 40 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted in brownie 1 inch from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. For 16 brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.