FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Creamy Lemon Squares
Lemon, show us your sunny pop of color. And while you're at it, your intense burst of flavor. Where would we, and these better-for-you creamy squares, be without you?
View all tips »
Substitute 1 Tbsp. each lemon, lime and orange zest for the 3 Tbsp. lemon zest.
Note from the Kraft Kitchens:
For a softer crust, reduce the crust baking time from 15 min. to 5 min.
You should get about 1 Tbsp. zest and 2 Tbsp. juice from 1 lemon.
- 20 Nilla® Wafers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cold margarine
- 1 pkg. Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, softened (8 ounce)
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil. Mix first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
- Beat Cream cheese and granulated sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and 2 Tbsp. flour; mix well. Blend in 1 Tbsp. zest, juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
- Bake 25 to 28 min. or until center is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining zest before serving.