FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Timing is everything when planning a big meal. These tips paired with potatoes and fresh cheeses available in club will help you plan ahead and impress guests.
- 3 lb. potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Transfer potato mixture to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, onions and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until heated through.