FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Creamy Tomato-Basil Pasta with Shrimp
Philadelphia cream cheese brings rich flavor and a satisfying texture to this colorful pasta dish. You'll love the smooth, creamy sauce draped over crisp tomatoes and tender shrimp for lunch or dinner.
View all tips »
How to Purchase and Store Raw Shrimp: Fresh shrimp should be firm, moist and translucent and should smell like the sea. Avoid those with black spots and any trace of ammonia odor. They can vary in color from grayish-green to pinkish-tan to light pink. Place in a bowl (if wrapped in plastic, punch a few holes in the plastic) and store in the coldest part of the refrigerator up to 1 day.
How to Slice Large-Leafed Fresh Herbs: Slice large-leafed herbs such as basil and mint, into thin strips by stacking several leaves on top of one another. Roll the stack lengthwise into a cylinder. Using a sharp knife, cut the cylinder crosswise to form fine shreds. This cut is called chiffonade. Be sure to use a sharp knife - a dull knife will bruise the leaves while cutting.
- 3 cup(s) penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup(s) KRAFT® Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder and black pepper
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) KRAFT® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves, divided
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Use slotted spoon to remove shrimp from skillet; cover to keep warm. Discard any drippings in skillet.
- Add remaining dressing, broth, garlic powder and pepper to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Add cream cheese; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Stir in tomatoes and cook 1 minute.
- Drain pasta. Add to ingredients in skillet. Stir in Parmesan and half the basil; top with shrimp and remaining basil.