FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Creamy Vegetable Casserole
A medley of our fresh vegetables hides beneath a buttery layer of crispy crackers in this simple, satisfying side dish.
- 2 cup(s) fresh baby carrots
- 2 cup(s) fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cup(s) fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 3/4 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) crushed club crackers (about 15 crackers)
- Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower; steam 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the cream, bouillon, onion powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese.
- Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.