FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Crispy Chex® Chicken Nuggets
The cereal bits coating the chicken makes these nuggets super crunchy, with a subtly sweet taste that grown-ups and kids alike enjoy. This recipe could just as easily be made with larger chicken pieces, like chicken tenders, and served as a main-course.
View all tips »
For the best, crunchiest "breading," the cereal bits should be one-quarter their original size, not pulverized.
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 4 cup(s) roughly crushed Triple Chex® Cereal
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- Ketchup, ranch dressing or grape jelly
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar in a large bowl.
- Put the cereal in a large plastic bag and tap with a rolling pin or mallet to semi crush.
- Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture. Shake off extra flour and use a fork to dip chicken into egg. Dig the coated chicken into the bowl of cereal bits.
- Heat at least 1 inch of oil in a large skillet or in an electric frying pan heated to 350°F.
- Cook chicken pieces in batches, until golden brown and no longer pink in the middle, about 3 minutes per side. (Do not overcrowd the pan.)
- Serve with ketchup, ranch dressing or grape jelly.