FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Crispy Chicken Parmesan
Bring that delicious, Italian restaurant-quality flavor to your table without having to tip. It’s easier than you think.
- 4 Daily Chef frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup(s) Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup(s) marinara sauce (low-fat)
- 4 Tbsp. shredded cheese (low-fat)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a heavy rolling pin and working from the center outward, roll the breasts until they are 1/3-inch thick.
- In a medium, shallow bowl, mix the flour, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Dip one breast into the flour mixture, coating it on all sides. Shake off any excess flour and place the breast on a dinner plate. Repeat for each breast.
- Cover the plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Spread breadcrumbs over a dinner plate. In a second small bowl, use a fork to lightly beat the egg whites and milk together.
- Dip the floured chicken breasts, one at a time, into the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg to drip off, and then coat the chicken with breadcrumbs.
- Dip it back into the egg, then back into the breadcrumbs. Place breasts side by side in a baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Transfer the dish to the oven, and cook the chicken 7 to 9 minutes per side until the chicken is no longer pink inside. During the last few minutes of cooking, heat the marinara sauce in a small pan on the stovetop.
- Once chicken is done, flip breasts over and top each with 1/4 cup marinara sauce, 1 tablespoon low-fat shredded cheese and about 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chicken for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted.