FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Croissant Sandwich with Roast Beef Hash and Eggs
Serve this hearty hash and egg sandwich for Sunday brunch or with a green salad as a break from your regular sandwich for lunch.
View all tips »
To save time, make the hash ahead to reheat and make these satisfying sandwiches in just the time it takes to fry an egg.
- 2 baking potatoes (medium)
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) finely sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup(s) sliced Castle Wood Reserve® Angus Roast Beef
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 croissants
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Let cool and then dice into 1/4-inch cubes
- Heat oil in large cast-iron or sauté pan over medium high heat. Add potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Add cayenne pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan. Cook for another 10 minutes or until onions are very soft and potatoes are crunchy.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the roast beef and thyme. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in another frying pan to sizzling. Add eggs and fry to your liking.
- Slice a croissant in half, pile on the warm hash and top with a fried egg.