FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cuban Pork Sandwiches
Explore an exciting new way to serve Sam’s Club quality pork tenderloin with this savory pork sandwich topped with fresh, homemade relish. It’s great for lunch if you have the time, and satisfying enough for a delicious dinner.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) water
- 7 oz. roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 slices bread of your choice
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- For relish, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring onion and water to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute; drain.
- Transfer to a bowl; add roasted peppers, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Discard garlic. (Relish can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- For sandwich, in a small bowl, mash the minced garlic, cumin and salt. Rub over tenderloin; place in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F. Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice pork.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Top four slices of bread with pork, desired amount of relish and two slices of cheese; top with remaining bread. Cook sandwiches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.