FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Dark Chocolate Truffles
Servings: 30 truffles
These intensely chocolatey truffles are a breeze to make, and make great treat for your family. You might also want to put a few in a nice container and offer them as a gift for someone special.
View all tips »
You can vary the covering by substituting the unsweetened cocoa with 3/4 cup of chopped almonds or pecans, or experiment with other ingredients like coconut!
- 2 cup(s) 60% cacao (bittersweet) chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the chocolate chips. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Cool, cover, and refrigerate the mixture until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in the cocoa. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.