FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Easy Apple Dumplings
Refrigerated biscuit dough wrapped around apple halves turns into a sweet, good-for-you breakfast treat. Assemble dumplings the night before and bake them while getting ready to start your day.
View all tips »
- If preparing dumplings in advance, mix and pour sugar-butter mixture over biscuits just before baking.
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg may be used in place of the apple pie spice.
- 8 refrigerated Pillsbury® Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut in half
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Separate biscuit dough into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a circle with fingers or rolling pin. Wrap circle around an apple half and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together the sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture over dumplings and sprinkle top with apple pie spice.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Serve hot.