FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Easy Breakfast Strata
Don't you just love meals that make you look good? This recipe is easy to prep a day ahead of time and it gives you the flexibility to improvise. Don't be afraid to unleash your inner chef to explore variations on breads, cheeses and a pop of color. Here, green pepper adds that must-have fresh punch of flavor and color to an already savory morning meal.
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 loaf (1lb.) herb or cheese bakery bread, cubed
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Place bread in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with sausage; sprinkle with cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mustard. Pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.