FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Easy Chicken Cacciatore
Italian classic made easy thanks to flavor packed Progresso Recipe Starters fire roasted tomato cooking sauce.
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pkg. (20 oz.) boneless skinless chicken
- 1 pkg. (1/2 cup) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (18 oz.) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook chicken 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms and garlic. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to skillet; pour cooking sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with basil; simmer about 10 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Serve over spaghetti.