FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Easy Cream Biscuits
These biscuits are absolutely delicious. The whipping cream replaces shortening or butter, making them super tender and rich.
View all tips »
For cinnamon-raisin biscuits, stir in 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/3 cup raisins with the flour.
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) whipping cream
- Heat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in just enough whipping cream so dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball. (If dough is too dry, mix in 1 to 2 teaspoons more whipping cream.)
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat. Knead lightly 10 times, sprinkling with flour if dough is too sticky. Roll or pat until 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a floured 2- to 2 1/4-inch biscuit cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place biscuits about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Serve warm.