FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Easy Pumpkin Soup
This nutritious soup can be made in minutes using canned pumpkin. The apple provides a sweet note, while the heavy cream adds rich smoothness. If taking soup to work for a brown-bag lunch, pour into a tightly sealed, microwavable container and reheat at the office.
View all tips »
- For a slightly less rich soup, use 1 cup half-and-half in place of the heavy cream.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 can 100% pure pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling) (15 ounce)
- 1 New Crop Gala apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) half and half
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Melt butter in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, apple and chicken stock until blended. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the half and half, heavy cream, honey, nutmeg or mace and salt. Bring soup back to simmer over medium heat; do not boil.