FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese
Creamy, cheesy, bacon spiked mac ’n cheese.
- 3 cup(s) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 can (18 oz.) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, chopped in water or 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) American cheese loaf, shredded
- 1 bag (approx. 1/3 cup) cooked real bacon pieces or bits
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced, if desired
Garnish, if desired:
- Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, heat cooking sauce, milk and garlic to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta, bacon and bell pepper. Spoon into casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.