FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Elegant Chocolate Cake
With just a bit of flour and fluffy egg whites, this rich, chocolaty cake takes on an airy texture reminiscent of mousse.
View all tips »
Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds for an extra special garnish, if desired.
- 2 3/4 cup(s) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 1 Tbsp. heavy cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line bottom of 8-inch cake pan with parchment or waxed paper. Spray bottom of pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 2 1/2 cups chocolate and butter together in microwave on high for 60 seconds, stirring halfway through.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with 2 tablespoons sugar until medium peaks form. Fold whites into chocolate mixture a third at a time. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is nearly but not completely set. There will be an area in the center about 1 1/2 inches in diameter that appears shiny.
- Let cake cool completely in pan. It may fall as it cools.
- Invert cake onto serving plate. Whip 1/2 cup cream with remaining sugar. Spread over cake. Melt remaining chocolate and cream. Drizzle over top of whipped cream. Serve.