FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
If you like traditional enchiladas, you will be pleasantly surprised at how closely this hearty soup recreates that flavor. The advantage of this recipe over the real enchilada is that everything is prepared in the slow cooker and is ready to serve whenever you walk in the door.
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium), chopped
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz. frozen corn kernels (or kernels from 2 ears of fresh corn)
- 1/2 cup(s) dried pinto or black beans
- 3 cup(s) chicken or beef stock
- 2 large chicken breasts (cut in half) or 5 thighs ( be frozen)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp. ground oregano
- 1 cup(s) sour cream or shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup(s) tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup(s) black olives
- 1/2 cup(s) green onions, chopped
- Sauté onion and garlic. Put into the slow cooker with all the other listed ingredients (through the 2 cups water) and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Pull chicken out and shred, removing skin and bones. Add the chicken meat back into the pot with oregano for the last hour of cooking.
- Serve topped with sour cream or shredded cheese, tortilla chips, black olives and chopped green onions.