FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Farmstead Spring Vegetable and Chicken Salad
Servings: 4 to 6
The spring bounty is upon us with crisp green beans, juicy cherry tomatoes and sweet bell peppers all tossed in a lemon vinaigrette and then topped with seared and chilled Artisan Fresh™ Garlic, Herb and White Wine Seasoned Chicken Breast. Serve with a crisp glass of white wine and a buttery baguette.
- 1 pkg. Artisan Fresh™ Garlic, Herb and White Wine Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (1.5 lb. bag)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) haricots verts (French green beans), steamed
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup(s) orange slices
- 1 cup(s) carrots, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. dried chervil
- 1 Tbsp. dried tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Enjoy this salad with a buttered baguette.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Sear chicken breast for 3 minutes on each side, then reduce heat to medium and cover for approximately 20 minutes. Turn breast occasionally until fully cooked and an instant-read thermometer reads 165˚F. Remove from pan and let rest 10 minutes, then bias-slice breast and chill in the refrigerator.
- For the vinaigrette, combine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and whisk in olive and canola oil.
- Combine vegetables and herbs in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Serve chicken over the top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.