FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Fast Chicken Curry
Shortcuts like using a rotisserie chicken and pre-chopped cauliflower save steps when preparing this fragrant curry. Make it a one-dish meal by serving over brown or white rice. Warm slices of naan and mango chutney complete this Indian-style meal.
View all tips »
- Begin cooking rice before assembling the curry so it will be ready to serve at the same time.
- Curry may be prepared one day and finished the next.
- 1 cup(s) uncooked white or brown rice
- 2 cup(s) water
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and chopped (4 pound)
- 1 qt. water
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk (14 ounce)
- 1 Tbsp. green curry paste (or more, to taste)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and chopped into 6-inch pieces
- 6 red potatoes, chopped
- 2 Japanese eggplants (8 to 10 inches long), sliced
- 2 cup(s) cauliflower florets
- Place rice, water and 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low, allowing rice to simmer until cooked, about 20 minutes. Stir to fluff rice. Cover and turn off the heat.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped rotisserie chicken and the water to the onion mixture cook over medium-high heat. Stir in the chicken broth, coconut milk and green curry paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemongrass and potatoes to the chicken mixture and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 10 minutes, then add the eggplant and cauliflower florets. Continue to cook until vegetables are soft when pierced with a fork.
- To serve, remove lemongrass stalks from the curry. Spoon rice into bowls and ladle chicken curry over rice. Tear or shred basil leaves over the curry and serve immediately.