FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Cherry, Feta Cheese and Walnut Spinach Salad
Pretty as a picture and brimming with sweet cherries, this summer fresh salad is a twist on the usual spinach salad and easy to make ahead for lunch or a light supper. Simply toss with the dressing just before serving. Either Dark Sweet or “mellow yellow” Rainier cherries may be used.
View all tips »
A prepared raspberry-vinaigrette salad dressing may also be used for this salad.
- 3/4 cup(s) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 lb. fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 cup(s) Northwest Cherries (Dark Sweet or Rainier), pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup(s) prepared balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place walnuts in a flat baking dish and toast in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned and nutty flavored. Remove and let cool.
- Place the spinach, feta cheese, cherries, red onion, if using, and toasted walnuts in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour the prepared balsamic dressing into a small bowl. Whisk in the orange juice and orange zest. Pour over the salad just before serving.