FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Filet Mignon and Mushrooms
This exquisite meal is a perfect match for special occasions or for everyday occasions that deserve a special meal. Here, tender, juicy filet mignon takes center stage with fresh vegetables and hearty potatoes in tasty supporting roles.
View all tips »
You can also grill the filet.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 – 4-oz. beef filet mignon
- 1 large onion, peeled and cubed
- 3 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 2 lb. brown mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. dried or fresh chopped thyme
- 3 Tbsp. dried or fresh chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large russet potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season each filet with salt and pepper, put into hot pan and brown each side, 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan, place onto a baking sheet and place into hot oven for 4 minutes. (Or to desired temperature.)
- In the filet pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add garlic and lightly brown. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook for another 5 minutes, then add broth. Add the herbs and the 3 tablespoons butter; make sure to stir butter into sauce. Add asparagus at the last moment and cook for 3 minutes.
- Slice russet potatoes and toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place filet on 3 potato slices and top with mushrooms and asparagus sauce.