FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Fire-Roasted Pot Roast
When the family’s not feeling traditional pot roast, get them fired up for a fire-roasted makeover. They’ll love this flavor twist as much as you love the ease of kicking back and watching your slow cooker do the work.
- 2 lb. boneless beef pot roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms (8 oz. or about 3 cups)
- 3/4 lb. potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can Progresso® Recipe Starters™ Fire Roasted Tomato Cooking Sauce (18 oz.)
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- Spray 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Generously sprinkle all sides of beef with salt and pepper. Place beef in slow cooker.
- Arrange mushrooms, potatoes and carrots around beef. Pour cooking sauce over beef and vegetables.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Serve beef and vegetables with sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with parsley.