FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Fish Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
Servings: 4 (makes 12 small tacos)
Soft fish tacos are a healthy, easy-to-eat snack that can satisfy even a hearty appetite during any game. Set out the fixings at half time on a convenient table so folks can assemble their own.
View all tips »
Serve with guacamole and chips.
- 24 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 lb. tilapia or other mild white fish
- cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. each kosher salt, black pepper and ground cumin
- 1 cup(s) panko or breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Favorite salsa (mango or a green salsa are best)
- 4 cup(s) coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup(s) Daisy® Brand Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to blend. Set aside or cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to one day before using.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, salt, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Add fish fillets and toss to coat. Let rest in marinade for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and lightly dust fish fillets on both sides with panko.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 375°F oven for about 10 minutes or until warm.
- Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add panko-crusted fillets to the hot pan and fry on both sides about 5 minutes, or until firm and cooked. Remove from heat and tent with foil.
- Stack 2 tortillas on a plate for the base.
- Add crumbled fish across tortilla base.
- Using a slotted spoon, top fish with 2 to 3 tablespoons slaw, then 1 tablespoon each of salsa and sour cream.