FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Folgers® Coffee Spice Cookies
Coffee and spice and everything nice — that’s what these tasty cookies are made of!
- 2 tsp. Folgers® Classic Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 tsp. hot water
- 1/2 cup(s) Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Pillsbury BEST® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Beat shortening, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee mixture in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape each half into a roll 7 inches long by 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll in chocolate decorator bits, pressing lightly. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on rack.