FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Fontina, Beef and Pepper Panini
Crunchy bread, gooey cheese and great roast beef: this Panini sandwich has everything a sandwich should have.
View all tips »
To make without a Panini maker, place sandwich on a griddle or grill pan. Place another flat-bottomed pan or lid on top of the sandwich and weigh it down with a can or pie weights. Cook to crisp on both sides.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough or French bread
- 8 slices Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) roasted red peppers
- 1 lb. Castle Wood Reserve® Angus Roast Beef
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft and clear. Cool.
- Combine mayonnaise with sautéed onions and garlic.
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with garlic mayonnaise.
- Place one slice of Fontina cheese over the garlic mayonnaise and then add the red peppers, roast beef and another slice of cheese.
- Finish by topping with the second slice of bread (mayonnaise side in).
- Brush the outside of each sandwich with melted butter. Cook in the Panini press until a crisp, golden brown and cheese is melted.