FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
French Toast with Fresh Cherries
French toast with Stroehmann® bread, fresh cherries and whipped cream makes for a filling breakfast.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 slices of Stroehmann® bread, sliced thickly
- 1 cup(s) fresh cherries
- Butter, as needed for griddle
- Whipped cream
- In a flat bowl or dish (such as a pie dish or baking dish), stir eggs until fluffy, add milk and continue to whip for about one minute. Add the cinnamon and vanilla and stir until mixed in.
- In the meantime, heat a griddle to medium-high heat and add the butter when hot and allow to melt.
- Dip each slice of Stroehmann® bread into the eggs and place saturated bread onto the heated griddle.
- Cook until each side is brown, flipping to turn.