FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Fresh Grape Tarte
A fresh grape tarte is an easy and unusual dessert. Prepare this the day before any special party or family meal to end on an elegant note.
- 6 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup(s) flour
- cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 2 cup(s) red grapes
- 4 Tbsp. grape jelly
- Combine butter and sugar in an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add egg yolks, then the flour and cornmeal. Remove dough from bowl and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Take out dough and place between two sheets of plastic wrap. Roll out to a 12-inch circle. Peel off top layer of plastic wrap and drape over a 10- or 11-inch tart pan. Prick the dough with a fork and chill again for 20 minutes or until very cold.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake tart shell for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Use a fork to cream together all filling ingredients. Spread onto cooled crust.
- Wash grapes and pat dry. Slice in half. Place grapes face down on creamed filling. Heat jelly over low heat just until liquefied. Brush over the grapes as a glaze. Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.