FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Always wanted to recreate the flavor of your favorite Chinese restaurant’s fried rice? Here’s the secret recipe.
View all tips »
Easily make this into a main course by adding 1 cup cooked slivered ham or chicken in Step 4. It’s very important to the final texture of the fried rice to start out with cooked rice that has been thoroughly chilled.
- 2 cup(s) Kraft® Minute® White Rice
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger or garlic powder
- 1 cup(s) frozen Vegetable Medley
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil or 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce, optional
- Prepare rice the day before according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for water, and chill.
- Scramble eggs with salt and pepper. Fry in a small sauté or omelet pan in a flat pancake. When cool, roll into a “cigar” shape and slice into very thin strips.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. When very hot, add the onion. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and ginger to the pan. Stir fry for another 30 seconds. Stir in cooked rice and sprinkle with soy sauce (and optional sesame oil or oyster sauce). Toss.
- Remove from heat and top with egg strips and green onion. Serve immediately.