FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Fruited Turkey Salad Pitas
Crisp, fresh fruits and vegetables give great flavorful crunch to these light, delicious sandwiches. And they're a tasty use of leftover turkey.
- 1/2 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cup(s) cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 8 pita breads (6 in.), halved
- 16 romaine leaves
- 8 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, spinach, cranberries and pecans. Add yogurt mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line pita halves with lettuce and onion; fill each with 1/2 cup turkey mixture.