FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Garden Chicken Pasta
Zucchini brings color and a touch of the garden to this classic dish. This can be prepared the day before and baked to serve. Buon appetito!
- 3 cup(s) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cup(s) quartered and thinly sliced zucchini
- 6 cup(s) cooked (12 ounce dry) Daily Chef™ Elbow Macaroni Pantry Pack
- 4 cup(s) cooked chicken meat (like that from a rotisserie chicken), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat until foamy. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the mushroom liquid is evaporated and mushrooms begin to turn golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook mixture over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly add in the broth, cream, milk and wine. Continue stirring and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with remaining salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add zucchini and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Return water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente; drain well.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta, mushroom sauce, chicken, zucchini, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Taste for salt and pepper and transfer to a buttered, shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of softened butter and breadcrumbs. Dot the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and top is golden brown.