FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Garlic Chicken Stir–Fry with Shiitake Mushrooms
If you’ve always wanted to experiment with stir-fry, try this recipe as your introduction to this useful technique. It goes together in minutes to create authentic Asian flavors.
View all tips »
If you are short on time, you may choose not to marinate the chicken, as directed in the first step. However, it is recommended in order to achieve a rich, garlicky flavor.
- 1 lb. Daily Chef frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4" strips
- 4 large cloves peeled garlic, very thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 6 oz. Portobello or Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cup(s) cooked white or brown rice
To serve, spoon rice onto individual plates and top with the stir-fry.
- Combine the chicken strips, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the peanut or vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Stir to evenly mix and refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook the chicken, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy and mushrooms and stir-fry until nearly tender, 2–3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet and add the chicken-garlic mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until the chicken is just cooked through and the garlic is aromatic, about 3 minutes. Return the vegetables to the pan, drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over, tossing quickly to mix.