FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
German Plum Tart
Servings: 6 - 8
A buttery crust and a juicy plum filling make this tart a truly melt-in-your-mouth dessert that's a sweet ending to any meal.
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 4 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lb. plums, quartered (about 4 cups)
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture forms a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch pie plate.
- Arrange plums, skin side up with edges overlapping, in crust; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fruit is tender.