FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ghirardelli® Chocolate Saltine Toffee
Servings: 2 1/2 lbs.
What a better way to mix salty and sweet with a little bit of chocolate and crunch than a saltine toffee? Here’s a recipe that’s easy to make and fun to eat.
- 2 cup(s) unsalted butter, cut into pieces s
- 5 oz. sliced almonds, toasted
- Saltine crackers, about 60
- 1 cup(s) Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao (Bittersweet)
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- In a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, lay out saltine crackers, salt side down, in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a medium-size sauce pot, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Place over medium heat until butter melts, stirring continuously. Increase to high heat and cook until mixture registers 300°F on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and carefully pour mixture over saltines, spreading evenly.
- Let sit a few minutes and then sprinkle chocolate over toffee. Once chocolate melts, spread in an even layer over toffee. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top. Freeze until chocolate sets. Once the chocolate is set, break into pieces.