FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ghirardelli® Dipper Party Platter
Servings: 1 party platter
If you’re looking for a dessert platter that simply exudes sophistication and elegance, try this platter of chocolate-dipped treats. From classic strawberries and biscotti to dried apricots and espresso beans, there’s something in this platter to delight every guest.
View all tips »
You can decorate the dipped food with stripes or swirls of the same or contrasting flavor before placing it in the refrigerator.
To create a swirl of White and Double Chocolate flavors, melt each flavor separately. Slowly add Double Chocolate Flavor to White Chocolate Flavor and swirl mixture together to create streaks. Then proceed with dipping your treat in the mixture.
- 16 oz. Ghirardelli® Candy-Making and Dipping Bar, White Chocolate Flavor (8 sections)
- 16 oz. Ghirardelli® Candy-Making and Dipping Bar, Double Chocolate Flavor (8 sections)
- Suggested dipping items:
- 8 pretzels – rods or classic large twists
- 10 dried apricots
- 10 strawberries
- 8 biscotti
- 25 espresso beans
Cool all dipped items in refrigerator until set (about 15 minutes). Arrange food on party platter and serve.
- In double-boiler over hot water or in microwave, melt the Ghirardelli Candy Making and Dipping Bars.
- Pretzels. Using a fork, dip pretzels one at a time into melted product, tapping fork on edge of bowl to remove excess. Place on waxed paper.
- Apricots. Insert toothpick or skewer in end of apricot and dip to coat half with either melted chocolate flavor. Twirl to allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper and remove pick.
- Strawberries. Carefully rinse strawberries and dry thoroughly. Dip to coat half with melted Double Chocolate flavor. Twirl to allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Biscotti. Dip biscotti to coat half with melted Double Chocolate flavor. Twirl to allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Espresso beans. Pour melted Double Chocolate flavor into candy molds. Place individual beans into each mold, and then cover with melted product. Cool in refrigerator until set (about 15 minutes). Flex the molds to pop the chocolate-beans out.