FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Glazed Apples with Pork
Sweet apples, cinnamon and onion combine with juicy pork chops for a sensational winter supper that comes together in a flash. Serve this with wild rice or steamed red-skin potatoes.
View all tips »
To make sure your pork chops aren't overcooked, check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer starting after about 25 minutes.
- 6 pork chops
- 4 large New Crop Ambrosia or New Crop Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) dry sherry or apple juice
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Season pork chops well with salt and pepper, then brown in a large ovenproof skillet, about 2 minutes on each side; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix apples slices, red onion, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Arrange apple mixture in the bottom of the skillet and top with browned pork chops.
- Pour sherry or apple juice over all. Cover and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender and pork has reached an internal temperature of 150°F.
- Remove pork chops to a plate and cover with foil.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice and whisk into pan juices. Simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes to thicken.
- Serve over chops.