FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Goat Cheese and Chive Garlic Bread
This delectable cheese and chive garlic spread may be the best thing to ever happen to a baguette. Be careful serving it as an appetizer, though. It may be a tough act to follow!
- 1 large baguette (about 12 ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, at room temperature
- 5 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 4 large cloves peeled garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Stir together the butter and goat cheese until well blended, then stir in the garlic and chives with salt and pepper to taste.
- Halve the baguette crosswise, then halve each piece horizontally.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bread. Score the bread in 2" wide strips, cutting about halfway through the bread to make serving easier.
- Set the bread pieces cheese-side up on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before serving.