FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Goat Cheese Spread in Roasted Pepper Cups
Bright, red peppers make this a colorful start to any meal. Serve this as an impressive appetizer or a stunning, savory snack food at get-togethers.
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Herbed Garlic Toasts:
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers; rub with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven; turn peppers upside down in baking dish to drain.
- In a small skillet, sauté onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cheeses, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper cups; return to baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley and garlic; spread over baguette slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with cheese spread.