FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: 6 Jars
Creating your own home made jam when fruits are plentiful is a wonderful, cost-effective way to have a little taste of summer sweetness on your table all winter long.
View all tips »
**Note: Don't fill the jars to the top, leave a couple of inches. And be sure there are no drips on sides of jar when screwing on the tops.
- 6 cup(s) red seedless grapes
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 boxes powdered fruit pectin (like SureJell)
- 4 cup(s) sugar
- Wash and clean grapes. Put grapes and 1 cup water in a large sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Puree cooked grapes in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Return to sauce pan, add fruit pectin and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add in the sugar and bring to a boil again for 1 minute until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring instantly.
- Remove jam from heat, ladle into clean glass jars.** Screw on lids tightly.
- Stack jars in a large stock pot, fill with water, cover and bring to a boil for 20 minutes. Take jars out when water is completely cooled. Jars will be ready for storing for 6 months to a year.