FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ruby Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
This salad brings grapefruit, avocado and candied nuts together for an unexpected combination.
- 4 cans Del Monte® Fruit Naturals Red Grapefruit, drained
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 heads red leaf or butter lettuce
- 1 cup(s) True North® Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Taste for salt and pepper. May be made up to one day ahead and refrigerated. Wash lettuce, tear into bite-size pieces and spin or pat dry.
- Arrange lettuce on individual plates or in a large salad bowl. Arrange avocado and grapefruit slices on lettuce. Sprinkle the almond pecan cashew clusters over the top. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to serve.