FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Greek Islands Steak Salad
Top a traditional Greek salad with top loin steak for a fresh, filling salad suitable for lunch or dinner.
- 1 boneless beef top loin steak (8 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. A.1.® Steak Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. sherry or chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 cup(s) torn mixed salad greens
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup(s) thinly sliced cucumber
- 10 pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- Rub steak on both sides with steak sauce; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, sauté mushrooms in butter until golden brown. Add the sherry, salt and pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated. Set aside and keep warm.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Divide salad greens between two plates. Top with tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion, steak and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.