FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Del Monte® Green Bean and Corn Casserole
There’s a reason why green bean casseroles are a Southern cooking classic—they’re simply delicious and satisfying. Try this variation, which incorporates corn kernels for added home-style flavor.
- 4 cup(s) Del Monte Cut Green Beans, drained
- 4 cup(s) Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 12 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup(s) onion, diced
- 1 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth, hot
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup(s) breadcrumbs or sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté garlic, onions and bell pepper in butter for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Add flour and whisk to blend. Cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add hot chicken broth, milk and seasonings. Simmer briskly, stirring until thick, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in mushrooms.
- Combine mushroom sauce, corn and green beans; transfer to buttered 8x8-inch baking pan. Top with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until casserole is hot and bubbly in the center.