FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Green Bean and Tomato Toss
Tender green beans and tart tomatoes mingle with Italian spices in this simple, yet flavorful, side dish.
- 4 can (14.5 oz. each) Del Monte® Stewed Tomatoes, drained
- 4 can (14.5 oz. each) Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning or dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, beans and Italian seasoning in Dutch oven. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place a colander in a large shallow bowl, such as a pasta bowl. Drain vegetables. Return liquid to Dutch oven. Place drained vegetables in the pasta bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Bring liquid to a boil over high heat; continue boiling 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup liquid. Stir the oil into the liquid and pour evenly over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.