FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Green Beans in Lemon Chiffon Sauce
Our fresh green beans stay firm and crisp under this smooth blanket of tangy lemon sauce.
- 3 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. finely chopped onion
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth and cheese until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking after each addition until butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, parsley and onion. Drain beans; top with sauce.