FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Cheese with Chicken and Peppers
If you’re trying to shake up the traditional grilled cheese sandwich, here’s your chance. Just add red and green bell peppers and Tyson® Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders as this recipe describes, and you’ll have a grilled cheese like you’ve never seen before.
- 4 Tyson® Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare chicken according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook peppers 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers have softened and are cooked through.
- Place 4 slices bread on a flat surface. Top with 1 slice cheese, chicken breast, 1/4 of the peppers, another slice of cheese and the second slice of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches into skillet. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking when bread has browned.
- Cook until cheese is melted, reducing heat if bread browns too quickly. Cut sandwiches in half to serve.