FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Chicken on Greens with Citrus Dressing
This light lunch or dinner salad adopts its unique flavor from a creamy, homemade dressing infused with invigorating orange, lemon and seasonings with a hint of heat.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 cup(s) (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1/3 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 cup(s) torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers and cheese; divide among eight plates.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; place over salad. Serve with dressing.