FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Ham Steak with Cheese Grits
Summer has finally arrived, and waking up early to take advantage of the weather gives more meaning to breakfast. This hearty combination of grilled ham steak and stick-to-your-ribs cheesy grits will get you moving.
- 4 pkg. Quaker® Instant Grits (original) (1 ounce ea.)
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco®
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 slice of Sam’s Club® “Smithfield” center cut ham steak
- While the barbecue is heating up for the ham steak, put 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil on the stovetop. Take advantage of this time to grate the white cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- When the water comes to a boil, slowly add the four, 1-ounce packets of instant grits, one at a time, stirring constantly to avoid lumping. Allow the grits to cook for about one minute. While continuing to stir, add in the cheeses and remaining ingredients. Place on low heat.
- With the grill now hot, use cooking oil on a rag to coat the grate (this will help prevent sticking). Place the ham steak on the grill on high heat and cook for approximately 6 to 8 minutes on each side, (internal temperature of the ham should reach 148°F). After cooking, cut the steak into four serving pieces and serve with the grits.