FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Maple Yams
These yams are baked ahead of time, then finished on the grill alongside your main course of turkey, sausage or pork chops. Topping them with honey and zesty flavored yogurt creates a very special side dish.
- 4 large garnet yams or sweet potatoes
- 1 1/3 cup(s) Yoplait® Original Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon or ginger
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) real maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash yams and put on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until soft when pierced (this could be completed up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated).
- Whisk cinnamon and orange zest into Yoplait® Original Yogurt. Set aside or refrigerate.
- When yams are cool enough to handle (5 minutes), slice in half lengthwise and place on hot, clean grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side to crisp and add color.
- To serve: Make 3 or 4 shallow slices through top of each yam. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle a tablespoon of honey on each yam. Top with several tablespoons of the flavored yogurt.